CUSTOMER GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL MECHANISM
The Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism (“Policy”) has been formulated as per guidelines issued by National Housing Bank and is aimed at reducing instances of customer complaints by ensuring proper and timely resolution of all their requirements as well as a pro-active approach towards providing information related to their loans.
The Policy is based on the following principles:
- We will always be driven by the needs of our customers and strive to exceed their expectations everytime.
- We will strive the provide all relevant information to the customer up-front.
- We will strive to treat all customers efficiently, fairly and transparently.
- We will resolve all customer complaints in line with the laws of the land and ensure that complaintsare dealt with in a courteous manner.
- We will widely publicise avenues where the customers can escalate their complaints including to theNational Housing Bank.
- Shubham will have a customer complaint register in all branches where customers can personally record their complaint along with handing over any letter to the branch. The customer can also give a service request verbally to the branch. The branch depending upon the nature of request will either resolve it locally or seek assistance from central customer support cell lead by Head of Credit & Service. All complaints recorded in the complaint register will be reported monthly to the central customer service cell along with their resolution status.
- Shubham will have a central customer service helpline which will be available to the customers and branch during normal working hours. The contact number of the helpline will be carried in all application forms as well as be displayed prominently in all the branches. Whenever any call is received by the helpline, a complaint number will be provided to the customer immediately.
- Shubham will have a centralised customer grievance redressal cell which will keep a record of allcustomer complaints and track resolution. The data maintained by this cell will be periodically reviewed by the Committee and/or the Board of Directors to ascertain standards of customer grievance resolutions.
- All Shubham’s employees will follow the employment guidelines which include a standard code of conduct. Any unbecoming conduct on the part of employees can also be reported in the branches or the helpline.
- Shubham will prominently display contact details of the National Housing Bank consumer grievance redressal cell, as mentioned hereinafter, in its branches to ensure customers can contact NHB directly in the event they are not satisfied with the service provided by Shubham.
- In addition to above, Head of Credit & Service shall also have power to deal with the issue relating to services provided to Shubham by Direct Selling Agent(s).
Resolution of Grievances:
- Generally, a time limit of 30 days will be given to the customers for lodging the complaints/grievances with Shubham. Time limit of 30 days can be extended if the customer has sufficient cause for not lodging his/her complaint within 30 days period.
- It will be the endeavour of the Shubham branch staff to resolve all complaints at the branch itself since Shubham operates in a decentralised manner through widely dispersed branches.
- Any complaints which cannot be resolved at the branches will be referred to a central grievance redressal cell. They will collate all such complaints received at the branches as well as on the helpline and will ensure fair resolutions in a time bound manner.
- All customers will be provided with a complaint number for easy reference as and when they have to follow up on their complaint.
- Shubham will endeavor to resolve all complaints in a reasonable time period and will regularly monitor the pending cases at a senior level.
If the customer complaint is not resolved within 7 working days, they can send an email to email@example.com or write to us at, which shall be resolved within days not exceeding 30 days:
Office of the CEO
Shubham Housing Development Finance Company Ltd.
Shubham House, 425, Udyog Vihar Phase-IV,
Gurgaon, Haryana - 122015
In case any customer is not satisfied with the resolution provided by Shubham, then they may write to NHB at firstname.lastname@example.org or may approach the Complaint Redressal Cell of National Housing Bank by lodging his complaint
- in Online mode at the link https://grids.nhbonline.org.in
- in Offline mode by post, in prescribed format available at link http://www.nhb.org.in/Grievance-Redressal-System/LodgingComplaint-Against-HFCs-NHB%E2%80% 93Physical-Mode.pdf, to
Complaint Redressal Cell,
Department of Regulation & Supervision,
National Housing Bank,
4th Floor, Core 5A, India Habitat Centre,
Lodhi Road,New Delhi – 110 003
This is in effect from 23/05/2019